Dear West Coast.
It’s Fall here.
In your no humidity face.
Do you know how much the MODG family loves fall? We talk about Fall all Fall long. And when we say what we are grateful for at dinner, we say pumpkin beer, and red leaves, and halloween, and football, and chili and mustard. Well, G says mustard. He’s also never had mustard.
Back to Fall. Since it’s still Fall we still need more sweaters and boots. Like a million.
So reality time. You, nor I can afford 700 dollar boots unless we do some seedy thing. Which I may or may not be above doing. HOWEVER, we are respectable ladies in this piece so we are going to talk about *affordable* fall fashion for the mom on the go. I hate that term. momonthego. What mom is NOT on the go? Is there a momlayingdown? Because I’d like to be her.
A lot of you requested a style breakdown for cheapie cheapers. SO…
Here we go. Time to shop bitches.
We are going to address 3 major trends that I’m obsessed with right now. However they all stem back to one major trend:
Looking like a boy.
No, not like that.
Except maybe a little.
I’m obsessed with being a cool tomboy right now. It’s so NOT what I am. And that’s what I like about it. I told B this and he told me that he is excited to see me in a Penn State Jersey “cut for women”. I told him that I would rather be thrown into a flaming pile of cicadas. Thank you.
So. What do I mean by cool tomboy? I want to wear sporty NON JERSEY type things. I want to be the cool farm boy. I want to look like in boarding school. All of those things.
And I need to do it on the cheap. I have a few go-to’s when I need a cheap clothing fix.
Guys, this is pretty much my uniform right now. I know I’m not breaking down fashion walls or anything, but I feel like I’m comfortable and still cute. I’m REALLY into baseball hats that aren’t about teams.
Shirt is via Gap and with the code GAPNEW everything is 30% off right now
Jeans are also Gap always skinnies. My new current affordable fave.
Vest is Old Navy and everything is 20% off now with code ONSAVE20
My super love muffin hat is J.Crew
Sneaks are also J.Crew.
1) Ok, Gap has had these Always Skinny jeans for years. I tried them on when they first came out. Well years later I tried them on again and I LOVE them. This destroyed pair is the best.
2) This shirt is so cool. Sporty without being too literal. It looks a little vintagey.
3) I’m DYING for this jacket. This is the money piece. I feel like it will make anything look cooler.
4) There it is, the hat that isn’t really a team. Ok Jcrew says it’s some rando team. Which I’m fine with.
5) This is a great layering t. I know you need another t like you need another child. But it’s so cheap and good. Trust.
6) I really REALLY love every single thing about this shirt. The pop of orange rules my face off.
7) Ok this model wears this shirt in an awful sort of way. Picture it all the way unbuttoned, sort of falling off a shoulder with a tank under and skinny jeans. Maybe a long necklace.
8) I’m buying this one hands down.
9) The perfect sneaker that you can wear anywhere any time and look cool.
Next we are another sort of boy
I totally love this one. I always want to be more rock and roll because I’m so not. Few things about this outfit. I have the shoes. They are THE best. My now go-to shoe for my skinny jeans in the winter. This v neck t shirt is from Old Navy and is my favorite. It’s perfectly worn in. Fits great. Looks great and is TEN dollars. Buy it a size too big. The moto jacket is totally discount. If you can spring, buy a good one. Zara has a few. But this is a good cheapie. Necklace is madewell and the perfect long necklace. Watch is 50% off now, bracelets.
Oh I love this. love love love. First we need to discuss the pants. I have these and they are SO awesome. This color is the best. It’s a neutral and gives everything a bit of military vibe. If you don’t have a chambray shirt yet, stop what you are doing and buy one. They look good all the time everywhere on everything. Especially cats. Not that Charlie knows about that. Sweater is cool chic whatever. And you obviously can’t be a good man without a good man watch. The bag is from Etsy and sold out. But there are a ton on Etsy like it for around 50 bucks. Just do a good search. Hat is Jcrew and sold out. Shoes are here and almost mine since they are on sale.
Here’s a few extra trends that I’m digging.
1) Just a cool graphic shirt to wear under a more tailored blazer or in any sort of layering is cool. Also, wolfs.
2) I have this dress and I wear it more as a tunic with leggings. I layer the F out of it with sweaters, scarves, vests, belts. You can make it look different every single day of YOUR LIFE.
3) Cool blazer on sale. Urban Outfitters does a good cheaper blazer. This one comes in a bunch of colors. I would buy it a size up. Also wear the denim bra. Dare you.
4) I normally don’t do silky smilky shirts. But I really like this one. And at the price, you can afford to spill some boob milk on it.
5) I LOVE this coat. The leather sleeves are a cool trend that I’m digging.
6) I have a version of this jacket and I wear it non stop
7) Very cool, very inexpensive sweater.
Here are some good tips when trying to shop these sites on the cheap. At Forever21.com, don’t scour the whole site. I only shop the “Love21″ section. The quality is a little better, the fit isn’t for a 12 year old and the style is a little more upscale boho. You can get through the whole section in 10 minutes instead of the better part of your life.
When shopping Gap Old Navy, I try to stick to basic stuff. Because if you buy that printed crazy thing, there is a good chance you’ll see 40 people wearing it too. Jeans, basic stripes, etc.
At any other cheap-o site like Asos, or Forever21 go crazy. Look for patterns and trends and things that you don’t want to spend a lot of money on since you won’t wear it forever. Get some pattern into your life.
ok guys. Tell me what you love, what you’re buying. I want to hear about your Fallgasms.
We also can’t forget about dressing our babies. Ruby likes Fall too. Her shoes told me so.